I laid on the couch with the laptop until I had to leave to pick Kaiden up from preschool. After we got home, I made lunch for him and Ben and then laid on the couch some more. Around 1:30pm I got up long enough to toss some clothes in the washer and wash a sink full of dishes . I wanted to do other stuff. I have two days off in a row and all kinds of things I could be getting done, but I just didn't have any energy! I hate that feeling. :(
After dinner, I decided to go for a run. As unmotivated as I'd felt all day, I was still looking forward to a nice run. Ugh. Nice run? Right. My second outside run was so hard. It had cooled down quite a bit by 6:30, but I decided to do it anyway. About a quarter mile in, I started sweating and the cool air felt great. The first mile was tough, but it was nothing like the second mile coming back. I ran into the wind most of the way, so it was hard on me. But I learned a few things on this run:
- after 31 years, I learned how to spit without wearing it :)
- no matter how many times you practice, if you spit into the wind - you wear it
- snot rockets are gross, but sometimes you gotta do something with the snot build up
- running on a full stomach makes me sluggish
- google maps is not always accurate when mapping a course
- my determination is greater than ever - I don't like cutting my run short when I've set a goal
I was actually surprised to see that my pace was faster than last time (barely, but it was). I felt so slow, especially running into the wind. But the last quarter of a mile I ran I stepped up my pace because I was sooooo ready to be done.
This was my second time using the Garmin and I just love it so much! I really need to figure out all the different modes though. I'd like to see my splits, but I can't figure it out. I haven't really tried, though.
- lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich (215)
- dinner - ramen noodles with peas and corn (550)
- snacks - cottage cheese and peas (230), special k vanilla almonds and silk (238)
- energy/recovery - 5 hour energy (4), gatorade recovery (130)
- run outside - 2 miles/13:42 min pace, 27.22 minutes total/208 calories burned