Give Blood- I have never given blood and quite frankly, I'm pretty terrified of the idea. But I know it's something that I should do and there is really nothing prohibiting me from doing it, except my fear. [done - 09/24/2012]
- Get Another Tattoo - I have 2 tattoos already: my maiden name with a star on the back of my neck and pink and purple angel wings on my shoulder blades, in honor of a baby we lost due to miscarriage in 2007. I have a few ideas of what tattoos I want, it's just justifying the money for them. I hate spending money when it's not something I need. But I really want another tattoo.
Run a 5k Race- There aren't a lot of options for races around here, but there are two that I know of: one in July and one in September. I will be running one of those. [done - 07/04/2012]
- Climb the Rock Wall - In September, there is a weekend long festival of sorts in my hometown. Every year, the National Guard brings laser tag and a rock wall to the festival and sets them up in the street. In 2009, I attempted the rock wall (I weighed somewhere in the 230's - I wasn't weighing myself at that time, so I'm not positive) but only got a little more than half way (and that's because my father in law kept saying I couldn't make it half way - so of course I had to prove him wrong). This year, I WILL make it to the top.
- Try 15 Things Off the Food List Challenge - I have tried about 20 things from this list already, but I'd like to be adventurous and try some of the "stranger" things on the list. [progress - 1/15]
Order a Glass of Wine at a Restaurant- Okay, so this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I've actually never ordered wine. Ever. I've had it at home or at relatives houses or whatever, but never ordered a glass. Simple, but something I've never done, nor have I really ever thought to do it. Usually I just go for water, a beer or possibly a soda. [done - 10/03/2012] Attend an NFL Football Game- Of all the items on the list, this is the one thing I can see not getting crossed off, though it's a major dream of mine, which is why it's staying on the list. Ideally, I'd like to see a Pittsburgh Steelers game and it's pretty possible (money is the big issue here), because they play in Denver this year. But I'm not going to just limit it to a Steelers game. I'll go to Denver and watch just about any team beat up on the Broncos. LOL [done - 09/09/2012]
- Step Foot in the Ocean - I've never been near the ocean but it's something I'd love to say I've done. I love water (hate drinking it, but I'd play in it all day) and there's just something so romantic about the ocean.
- Wear a Costume for Halloween - I haven't worn a Halloween costume since I was a kid. I wore Preston's jersey and a bandana one year and called it a costume, but it wasn't really. :/ I am so self-conscious and feel ridiculous trying to dress up and be cute. But THIS year, I'm doing it, I don't care what I think anyone else thinks. LOL :)
- Finish My Wedding Scrapbook - I got married almost a year ago and I took TONS of pictures while we were in Vegas. It'll be a nice scrapbook, once I get it done.
- Log 366 Miles - (1 mile for every day of the year - 2012 is a Leap Year). I am slowly but surely logging miles. It might be a hefty goal for my first year of running, but it's totally do-able.
- Reach My Goal Weight - Of all my goals for 2012, I think this one might be the most important to me, but also one of the hardest for me to achieve. I'm determined to FINALLY be able to cross this goal off. It's haunted me for a few years now.
12 in 2012
When I turned 30, I tried to come up with a list of 40 things that I wanted to do before I turned 40. I couldn't even think of that many things to put on the list (clearly, I'm not that adventurous). :/ So, instead, I'm just doing a list of 12 things to do this year.